It’s been a while since I’ve done a food blog post! I’ve really missed it! The truth is, cooking is my therapy. Right when Brendan gets home he takes Hadleigh outside and I start cooking dinner. I listen to a podcast, pour a glass of wine and start cooking. It helps me wind down at the end of a long day with a baby. So, most of the time I don’t feel like turning into a photo shoot.
However, I felt very inspired today and decided to pull out the dusty slow cooker. I haven’t used the slow cooker since winter. I tend to forget just how easy it makes cooking dinner. Just throw it all in the pot and there you have it! This slow cooker fiesta chicken is delicious and makes for a perfect Taco Tuesday dish.
You could honestly eat this as a soup, but we like to eat it with tortillas and some cauliflower rice to keep it on the healthier side.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you buy something I link below I get a small commission. But don’t worry, you won’t pay a penny more!
Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken
For topping add shredded cheddar or mexican cheese, avocado, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce and tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can corn
- 1 can kidney beans (or black beans)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Add chicken breasts to slow cooker, sprinkle half of the taco seasoning on top of chicken
- Add all of the ingredients, top with the rest of the taco seasoning, mix together
- Set on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours
- After 2 hours (on high) or 3 hours (on low), add the cup of sour cream and mix thoroughly
- Serve on top of tortillas, add toppings as desired
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments! What’s your go-to chicken slow cooker recipe?