You guys…I am not joking when I tell you this is the best sweet potato hash recipe ever. Its mixed with onion, spinach and my favorite sausage on the planet.
This pineapple bacon chicken sausage by aidells is to die for. I am a huge sucker for a sweet and savory combination so the sweet pineapple flavor paired with the salty bacon flavor is perrrrrrfection.
I added some maple syrup, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper plus a few dollops of goat cheese to enhance this yummy dish.
As always, this recipe is super easy and takes about 20 minutes to make. I made enough for about 4 good servings. You can always add more ingredients if you are having people over for brunch or for whatever occasion 😊
Top it with a couple fried eggs and you’ve got yourself a great St. Patty’s day breakfast (since all of the colors match the Irish flag 😉)
- 1 package of aidells Pineapple & Bacon Chicken Sausage
- 1 sweet potato (sliced thin and cut into quarters)
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 dollops of goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil, garlic and diced onion and sweet potato to a medium sized skillet on medium heat
- After about 5 minutes add the chicken sausage
- Let the ingredients cook for about 15 minutes or until sweet potato starts to become tender, then add spinach
- Once spinach is cooked add maple syrup, oregano, salt and pepper
- Pour the sweet potato hash into a serving dish and add 3 dollops of goat cheese on top!
Other suggestions: you could also add some fried eggs on top to make it a hearty breakfast. I have also added mushrooms in the past as well as walnuts!
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Which do you prefer…traditional hash with russet potatoes or sweet potato hash? Let me know in the comments!
If you want some more sweet potato recipes check out my sweet potato lasagna!
Thanks for reading!