Bacon makes everything better, don’t you agree? When I was pregnant I CRAVED me some crispy BLT sandwiches. What better way to switch up this classic sandwich and turn it into a dip?
This savory dip is a family favorite. I started making it a couple of years ago and it is always requested any time there is a family function. However, in this recipe I switched up a couple of things and added avocado. Because avocados make everything better too. This version is so dang good guys.
I used to put blue cheese crumbles on top of this dip, but I’m obsessed with feta cheese so I switched that up. And instead of using the classic hidden valley ranch dip packet I decided to go with the chive and onion version. The good thing about this dip is you can swap ingredients or omit some (besides the bacon!) and it will still taste delicious.
This dip is a great appetizer to bring to functions because it doesn’t have to stay warm or be reheated and it is SUPER easy to make. I’m all about the simple recipes. It pairs well with Snack Factory garlic pretzels, fritos or even spread over a piece of toast.
Well, without further ado, we will get right into how I make this yummy Avocado BLT Dip!
Total time: ~20 minutes
- 8 ounce pack of cream cheese, softened (I used the low fat one)
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Dips – chive and onion
- 4 or 5 pieces of bacon
- half of a red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup of halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of garlic toast crumbles (optional)
- Dash of garlic salt (optional)
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a medium sized skillet
- While bacon is cooking, mix together softened cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Mix in the Hidden Valley packet.
- Smooth the cheese mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish or a pie dish
- Chop up the vegetables and add to cheese mixture, I start with the lettuce first. Add dash of garlic salt to vegetables (optional). Then add garlic toast crumbs. Add bacon last.
That’s it, folks! Hope you enjoy. See you back for more recipes next Sunday!