When I was pregnant I read and watched so many posts and videos about all of the essentials mom need to carry in their diaper bag. Now that I’ve been at this mom thing for 7 months, I thought it would be fun to share my little collection of baby stuff I carry with me daily.
If you find yourself scrambling to figure out what to carry in your diaper bag, keep reading for my list of diaper bag essentials for 0-6 months of age.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you buy something I link below I get a small commission. But don’t worry, you won’t pay a penny more! Read my full disclosure policy here
I’ll start off with a little review of my diaper bag before I list what I put in it. I added this Land Diaper Bag to my baby registry when I was pregnant. I saw adds all over Facebook for it. After reading a few reviews, I decided to go with it.
First of all, it comes in so many colors – neutrals, brights, patterns. There’s an option for everyone’s style. I got the denim color so my husband could rock it too without feeling too girly.
It’s waterproof, which is also awesome. Some of the expensive diaper bags have expensive material, so you don’t want to get those wet. This bag also has SO MANY pockets and is very spacious. I tend to pack a lot when I’m going out with my daughter, and I still have plenty of room.
Lastly, and the best thing about it, it’s only 30 bucks on Amazon! I’ve seen a lot of moms spend tons of money on diaper bags. To each their own, but I’m honestly not about that life. This bag is definitely a keeper y’all!
Okay, now back to what I put in this lovely bag…
Diaper bag essentials
- SnoofyBee changing pad – easy to clean & allows you to attach toys to occupy baby while changing them
- Blanket – especially now that it’s winter, doesn’t hurt to bring a blanket. I like these muslin blankets – they can also double as a spit up rag or changing towel
- Diapers & baby wipes – I usually back about 3 diapers – our favorite brand right now is the Up & Up brand from target. We are still going through wipes we got from our baby shower!-
- Burp clothes – usually at least 2
- Car seat cover/nursing cover – I love this nursing cover because you can use it for nursing in public or put it over your car seat. It also comes in a sac which I also use for putting dirty clothes or diapers
- Bib – my baby goes through about 3-4 bibs a day! Mostly because she drools so much when she teethes. My favorites are muslin bibs
- Clorox wipes
- Diaper cream – my favorite is the Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
- Pacifier wipes – I use these baking soda wipes to wipe all her toys she drops on the ground
- Extra clothes – my baby is the blowout queen. Also, now that it’s winter I always keep a hat and extra socks too
- Baby thermometer – you never know!
- Calming/teething tablets – I love these all natural tablets by Nuby. They dissolve on the tongue and are supposed to help with teething fussiness. I’m not sure how well the actual ingredients work but putting a tablet in her mouth distracts her if she’s fussy, so I’ll take it
- Baby orajel – I like this baby orajel – it is benzocaine free and seems to work well for her
- Baby brush
- Stain removal pen – now that she is eating solids, this Dreft removal pen really comes in handy – but I actually like using it for my own clothes too. It works great
- Bottle/formula – I breastfeed, but I always bring some formula with me just in case. I have a lot of samples I got from when I was pregnant so I use those
- Nipple butter – I don’t really use this much anymore but have it on hand just in case
- Mommy needs – I always have an extra chapstick and hair tie for myself
What are your diaper bag essentials for 0-6 months?